Green Onion Cakes
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 1/4 cups boiling water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bunch green onions, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Use a fork to mix flour and boiling water in a large bowl. Knead dough into a ball. Cover bowl with plastic wrap; let dough rest for 30 to 60 minutes.
- Evenly divide dough into 16 pieces. Roll each piece into a 1/4 inch thick circle. Brush each circle with oil, season with salt and pepper, and sprinkle with about 1 teaspoon of green onions. Roll up, cigar style, and pinch open ends together to form a circle. Roll each circle flat to 1/4 inch.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large skillet. Fry cakes until golden brown, about 2 minutes on each side.
Courtesy of All Recipes