- 1 package wide, flat rice noodles - Rama Pad Thai Noodles
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1 tablespoon chili paste
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Canola oil
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 16oz (1 pound of Fresh Tofu from POM)
- 1/2 cup julienne cut carrot strips
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Crushed Roasted Peanuts
- Thinly Sliced Scallions
- Bean Sprouts
- Fresh Cilantro
- Fresh Lime Wedges
- First wrap tofu in a dry, clean dish cloth and set a heavy cold skillet on top of it for 30 minutes to drain excess liquid, anything with a good heavy weight will do.
- Once drained, Cube the tofu into 1/2 inch cubes and bake in the oven over a cooling rack lined baking sheet for 20 minutes until the Tofu cubes are dried and golden browned.
- In a small bowl whisk together soy sauce, Water, chili Paste, and brown sugar
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, heat 1/2 teaspoon oil over medium-high, tilting to coat pan. Add eggs cook about about 1 minutes. remove egg from skillet and break up with a flat wooden wok spatula.
- Toss in carrots, garlic, and scallion green onion to skillet and cook until colors are vibrant and the wok is fragrant. about 2-3 minutes, continue tossing the ingredients as not to burn the garlic. Add Soy Sauce mixture and bring to a simmer.
- Toss in noodles and cook, stirring and flipping continuously, until well combined and hot. 1-2 minutes. Add eggs and baked tofu and gently toss to combine. Season to taste with salt. Serve on a large platter (Family Style) top with crushed Peanuts, Bean Sprouts, Fresh Cilantro Sprigs, additional scallion green onions, and Fresh lime wedges.
Courtesy of Chef David Bondarchuck. Featured on Colorado's "Everyday" Show