Vietnamese Marinated Steak Noodle Bowl
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 4 tsp Fresh grated Ginger
- 2 tsp minced Garlic
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (Kikkoman Brand)
- 1/4 cup Peanut Oil
- 2 Red Thai Chilies
- 2 cloves minced Garlic
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- Fresh Lime Juice 2-3 Tablespoons depending on taste
- 5 Tablespoons prepared Fish sauce (3 Crabs Brand)
- Lettuce, cut into 1/4 inch shreds
- Rice Noodles (802 Brand)
- Bean Sprouts
- Pickled Carrots and Daikon Radish (Pacific Ocean Marketplace House-made)
- Fresh Cilantro
- *optional: Fresh Sliced Jalapeno rings
- Hot House cucumber cut into Julienne strips
- Peanuts-Crushed into bits (for garnish)
- Dried Onions (for Garnish)
For the bowl:
- Cut Beef into 1/6 inch strips, and place in a with the marinate recipe from above. Marinate for at least 2 hours.
- Prepare your fish sauce, and set aside until serving
- After steak has marinated, set grill to 450 degrees and using a grill basket, grill the steak and cook thoroughly. Steak must read 145 degrees on a thermometer before serving.
- Place a bit of Lettuce in the bottom of the bowl.
- Top with Rice Noodles
- Bean sprouts to taste, pickled carrot and radish, Fresh Cilantro sprigs, Jalapenos if using them, and cucumber.
- Add the grilled Beef strips, and garnish with the crushed peanuts.
- *Serve with Hoisin Sauce and your Scratch-made Fish Sauce.
Assembling the bowl:
Add on top:
Courtesy of Chef David Bondarchuck. Featured on Colorado's "Everyday" Show