Korean Glass Noodles
- 1 pkg sweet potato vermicelli
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- Break the vermicelli into small pieces and place in a deep-sided dish. Cover with hot tap water and soak for ten minutes; drain.
- Whisk together the soy sauce, brown sugar, and boiling water; pour over the drained noodles; allow to soak 2 minutes.
- Pour the vegetable oil into a skillet and place over medium heat. Add the noodles and soy sauce mixture to the skillet and cook and stir until hot, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle sesame seeds over the noodles just before serving.
Courtesy of All Recipes