Teriyaki Chicken Bowl
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1 tablespoon sake
- 12.4 ounces (350 grams) boneless skin-on chicken thighs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 bowls cooked rice
- 1/3 cup green peas - frozen
- To make the teriyaki sauce, combine the sugar, soy sauce, mirin and sake in a small bowl.
- Cut the chicken into small bite-sized pieces, and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium high heat until hot. If you are using skinless chicken, you'll need to add some oil, otherwise, add the chicken onto the dry pan in a single layer.
- Let the chicken fry undisturbed until browned on one side. Flip the chicken over, and brown the other side.
- Give the teriyaki sauce a stir, and add it to the pan.
- Let this mixture boil, tossing the chicken in it until there's very little liquid remaining and the sauce forms a thick shiny glaze.
- Prepare 2 bowls of rice, and heat the peas in some boiling salted water.
- When the chicken teriyaki is done, serve it on the rice, and drizzle with any remaining sauce. Top with the green peas.
Courtesy of No Recipes