- 20 raw king prawns
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 fresh red chili, halved, seeded and finely chopped
- 2½ cm piece of fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 stem of lemongrass, tough outer leaves removed, finely chopped
- a good handful of fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- a good handful of fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 3½ fl oz olive oil
- grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- Tip all the chopped ingredients into a bowl, add the olive oil along with the lime zest and juice and mix well. Set aside for 30 minutes to allow the flavors to mingle.
- To make fragrant Thai prawns, remove heads and peel shells from 20 raw king prawns but leave tail sections on. Toss in the marinade and cook on a really hot barbecue for 45 seconds on each side until they turn from grey-blue to pink.
Recipe courtesy of BBC Good Food