Tom Yum Soup with Prawns
- 700ml chicken stock
- 1 lemongrass stalk, bruised and cut into large pieces
- 5 thick slices galangal
- 3 coriander roots or 6 stems, bruised, plus leaves to garnish
- 3 lime leaves, torn
- 6 large prawns, shelled
- 3 tbsp Thai fish sauce
- 6 small green chillies, chopped
- 4 tbsp lime juice
- Bring the stock to a boil in a medium-sized saucepan. Add the lemongrass, galangal, coriander roots and lime leaves, then simmer for 2 mins.
- Add the prawns, fish sauce, chillies and lime juice, then return to the boil. Taste and adjust the seasoning with either more lime juice or fish sauce, then garnish with coriander leaves and serve.
Courtesy of BBC Good Food